Strategic Project Manager
Wienerberger, Kortrijk (HQ)
Wienerberger is the world’s largest producer of bricks and a leading supplier of clay roof tiles, concrete pavers and pipe systems in Europe.
The Wienerberger Group operates in 30 countries with 195 production sites.
To support the region Western Europe, we are offering the following position for immediate appointment:
Strategic Project Manager (Market Intelligence - Mergers & Acquisitions)
- Supporting the Wienerberger COO for the West region in strategic projects and collaborate cross functionally to drive strategic and operational projects (incl. M&A, restructurings, integrations).
- Study the construction and infrastructure industry business – market research, competitor analysis, benchmark studies, in order to prepare board requests.
- Preparation of presentations and analysis to be presented to the board, the regional management team and for internal use
- Creating data driven recommendations by assessing, analyzing, and synthesizing large data sets.
- Preparing and attending of regional board meetings, budget presentations and strategic discussions, providing insights into top management decision making.
- Master degree in Business Administration, Economics or Engineering
- 3+ years of work experience in a fast-paced environment, preferably investment banking, consulting, big four, corporate strategy department of a large company.
- Strong analytical foundation.
- Detail orientation and precision.
- Proactive and pragmatic – able to prioritise projects and agendas.
- Able to break down complex problems into smaller, actionable solution steps.
- Team player with strong organizational skills
- Have excellent written and verbal communication in English and preferably Dutch.
- Above par compensation (salary, car, iPhone, laptop, bonus scheme, …).
- This position has a track record of quickly onboarding external talent and launching them into the wider organization.
- Flexibility to work 2 days from home.
- Office location: Brussels (North of Brussels) – limited international travel will be required.